Monday, April 13, 2009

Swim, Bike, Run

Those have been the three words that go over and over in my head. With only a few more days before the triathlon I feel I am as ready as I will ever be. I have been driving my family crazy with all my exercising and "tri" talk. I know they can't wait for this to be over just to get me back.

A typical day for me is to get up at 6am get ready for work, get the kids ready for school, go to work come home at 6:15pm change clothes and leave put in a 20-30 minute bike ride and then right into a 20 minute run/jog. By the time I get home I am hoping Matt has feed the kids dinner (cereal has been a typical dinner for them these past few weeks). I then fix myself something, do homework with Renae and off to the bedtime routine. I can't wait to get a life back.

Everyone ask, "Are you nervous." Heck yea I'm nervous and excited.
Here is a list of things I am nervous about and random things I think about:
  • Will I know where I parked my bike?
  • Will my hair look cute after the pool?
  • Will my fat thighs fit in the picture I know they will take of me when I get out of the pool...I am thinking of ways to destroying the camera guys camera as I round the corner. I was born with Clark thighs. Thanks dad.
  • Will I be walking the next day?
  • What should I wear? Do I wear my sports bra under my swimsuit...what shirt would I be most comfortable in, what shorts should I wear, how should I do my hair, do I wear a hat during the run, what about sunglasses? Yes these are the things that go through my mind EVERYDAY!!!!
  • Will my legs want to move after the bike ride?
  • Will I get lost?
  • Yes that one question that will not leave my mind, Will I remember where I parked my bike??? I will be the one spending 10 minutes trying to find where I left it.

I can't wait for it to be over so I can say I did it. With all of the hard and painful work that has gone into this I hope I can walk away saying it was all worth it. I have never had by body and muscles hurt in the ways they have these past few months (no pain no gain is another saying that goes through my head, a lot.) The tri is Saturday so by Sunday I will hopefully have pictures up and the complete run down of everything that happened that day.

Thank you to all of you that have given me encouragement. I know I will be thinking about you all when my legs say enough and I still need them to go. St. George here I come!!!!!

1 comment:

chanel said...

whoa! you're amazing! how inspiring!!!

Post a Comment